Re : Re : Technotrend S2-3200 (Or Technisat Skystar HD) on LinuxMCE 0710 (Kubuntu Feisty)

On 05/15/2008 04:18:38 PM, Jelle De Loecker wrote:
> manu schreef:

> > So to make it clear: you compiled and installed the drivers from
> the
>
> > multiproto tree of Manu Abraham (not me, another Manu ;-)
> > Then how do you test it? I use mythtv but for that you need to
> patch
> it
> > (I use mythtv-0.21 branch).
> > Bye
> > Manu
> >
> Hi Manu,
>
> I never got to test it! I would never get a /dev/dvb map with the
> needed
> devices in it.
> Apparently it's a problem with that kernel, because I tried the
> latest
>
> Mythbuntu 8.04 and the drivers do work there!
>
> I wish it could be fixed, though, as I strongly prefer LinuxMCE to
> Mythbuntu.
>
> Now that I'm temporarily running Mythbuntu I'm trying to get *any*
> signal from my LNB (through a disecq switch)
> Fingers crossed!

If you have some problem getting locks, try to add 4 MHz to the
frequencies (I hacked the mythtv sources directly). For my setup this
gives me perfect tuning anyatime for all transponders (DVB-S only
though, no DVB-S2 around here).
Bye
Manu