[Fwd: Re: Try to Make DVB-T part of Compro VideoMate T750 Work]

--- Begin Message ---
> On 2008 May 8 Thursday 22:46:09 Rod wrote:
>>     Hi, is there anyone actually working on this?
>>
>>     I cannot program for the life of me (for now) si, I'd like some
>> assistance?
>>
>>     I can get the SAA to be seen on the I2C bus, and a scan doesn't
>> reveal the true addresses of the chips behind it (along with the
>> previously seen reports of the addresses of the devices.
>>
>>     I have manually probed and have obtained the actual I2C addressing
>> of most of the chips (except for the XC device, BGA's are difficult, and
>> the PRO1A, well I havn't gone to the length of X-ray'ing it yet, but
>> maybe I'll have to give that a go (X-ray to get the die information,
>> then try and resolve its function from that info) or I'll just power the
>> device and see what it does.. wish i still had the "Pinpoint" system at
>> my disposal.
>>
>>     So, I'm looking for help, or a group to chat with to try and help
>> this little device along ;o)
>
> Hi, Rod:
>
> I'm just a little owner of T750, and not a electrical circuit expert. I
> just
> can read some code of kernel drivers. I do definitly want to give you a
> hand
> and make this cards work over v4l, but what can I do for you? I live in
> Taiwan, if it necessary and Compro wants to tell me, I can give Compro a
> call
> and ask some questions which may keep this branch forward.
>
> 2008/05/08
> linleno

Hi Linleno

I have the I2C ports that each device sits on (except the XC device) that
i probed from the board, I have the interconnections between the SAA and
the 6353 device, and I think (couldn't find/forgot) the QT1010 is
connected to the 6353 Secondary I2C port for tuning control.

The Reset line on the '6353 is tied to a RC network, with an option to be
controlled from the SAA device, this link can be added at another time.

I'd also like to be able to control the RTC on the board so I can restart
the computer at a certain time, the Linux drivers for controlling my mobo
don't work, and screw the BIOS ;o(

--
Qn. Whats the differance between a Snake and a Onion?

Ans. No one cries when you chop up a Snake
  (SOLS - Snake Tales)

--- End Message ---