Re: mantis crash...

Ruediger Dohmhardt wrote:
> Roland Scheidegger schrieb:
>> This was reported before, the current mantis driver will cause a
>> page fault in mantis_dvb_start_feed.
>>
> Dear Roland,
>
> I applied your patch to the code I got from
>
> http://jusst.de/hg/mantis
>
> Now the mantis driver (for 2033) works fine for me.
>
> Setup: 2.6.22.19 vdr-1.5.18/xineliboutput
>
> Unfortunately, as soon as I insert the CAM module, the driver
> crashes. According to the logfile, it looks that "vdr" still gets the
> information about the CAM and tries to access it. Then the driver
> crashes.  Maybe  someone  still has an idea how to dig into this.
Yes, the crash is due to the same (or similar) bogus hif reads/writes as
that fixed in the patch obviously - that code gets only used with a CAM.
There are mmreads/mmwrites to MANTIS_GPIF_HIFADDR, MANTIS_GPIF_HIFDIN
and MANTIS_GPIF_HIFDOUT - I'm sure all of them will blow up (they are
all the exact same value anyway).
But I wouldn't know how to fix this - I suspect those values are
actually masks which you'd or with some other values for accessing
values not directly accessible in registers. That's just speculation
however, I don't even have a clue what "HIF" stands for (well I guess
something with interface?). Fixing it would require a chip datasheet at
least (or (working) example code), or reverse engeneering or whatever.
Even if this particular hif read/write issue was fixed I'd highly doubt
though the cam code would actually work in its current state -
apparently it was never tested nor working. So Manu Abraham needs to fix
it I suspect - unfortunately there were no updates for over two weeks now.

Roland