Re: help with dvico usb remote on gentoo

Hi,

On 4/21/08, allan k <sonofzev@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> While I'm waiting for help with the dvico dual express. I have been
> trying to get the dvico usb remote working on gentoo.
>
> I've followed the couple of how-tos for gentoo and lirc and come up with
> the same problem every time.
>
> I get stuck where it asks to load the module......
>
> After running emerge lirc, I find there is no lirc_dvico module, as all
> the instructions mention. as such I don't end up with an lirc device in
> my /dev/ directory.
>
> I tried issuing the config-kernel --allow-writeable=yes but my system
> has no such command and I can't find which package it belongs to.
>
> I'm pretty sure I'm missing something simple, so any advice will be
> appreciated.

can you see such an inputdevice in /proc/bus/input/devices?

$ cat /proc/bus/input/devices
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="em2880/em2870 remote control"
H: Handlers=kbd event5

this is the remote control interface of my device (note the event[n] entry)

if something related to the dvico device shows up there then you have
to select the devinput driver in the lirc menu, this doesn't require
any kernelmodule.

/etc/lirc/hardware.conf should contain following lines:
DRIVER="dev/input"  <- this is the devinput driver
DEVICE="/dev/input/event5" (here you have to put your corresponding event[n]

Hope this helps.

Markus