Re: HVR1200 / HVR1700 / TDA10048 support

Hi Trevor

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Trevor Boon <trevor_boon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I have a Leadtek DTV1000s, which uses the tda10048,
and after compiling the latest build of v4l-dvb which
include the tda10048 support, the driver crashes upon
boot.

I know the DTV100s is not yet officially supported,
however now that the nxp18271 and the tda10048 drivers
have been implemented, I thought I'd give it a go.

Using Kernel 2.6.25 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04

I've already tried blacklisting the saa7134-alsa from
a previous driver crash. (I believe that has been
fixed however?)

As the dmesg output shows, I specified card=21 as this
worked for composite input previously. I've tried
other card numbers as well with the same result. No
card number just returns 0=autodetected (as expected)
but it doesn't try to load the tda10048 module and
therefore doesn't crash.

Is there anything else I can do to try and help
troubleshoot this issue/ expediate official dtv1000s
support?

Leadtek card Winfast DTV1000S is currently not added in the DVB code.
I am attempting to add support for the card using the TDA10048 driver
committed by Steven. Since there is no other information available about
the DTV1000S card (other than it uses SAA7130, TDA18271 and TDA10048)
it's going to be a bit tricky getting all the bits together.

I could not find any documentation/details on adding support for new PCI cards.
So going through various drivers to figure out the details. Can any one point out
to a reference driver or any documentation which can be used to support a new
PCI card?

Thanks.

Amitay.