Trying to get a Leadtek Winfast USB dongle working

Hello

I'm looking for assistance on my new Leadtek USB TV tuner and saw a post from Keith Bannister that seemed to apply to my position  (http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-December/022373.html)

I have two Leadtek Winfast 1000 DVB-T cards that worked with Ubuntu straight from the box.  They needed to as I 'm very much a novice with Linux.  Unfortunately the motherboard now has no free pci slots so I purchase the Leadtek usb tuner thinking that there would be no problems.  Unfortunately it seems to be totally different

With the Leadtek cards I needed to add the following line to the /etc/modprobe.d/options file (options cx88_dvb).

I'm now guessing that I need to add a line in the file for the usb tuner?

I've already add the file   dvb-usb-dib0700-1.10.fw
into the firmware directory

Keith wrote

when I connected the stick.

I hopped onto the IRC channel and crope` (thanks mate) advised me to change
dvb-usb-ids.h to

#define USB_PID_WINFAST_DTV_DONGLE_STK7700P 0x6f01

Where and how is this done?

My log(?) message file looks different !!

Keith also wrote

root at oscar:/home/keith/dvb# lsusb -v -d 0413:6f01

My output is the same

Can anyone please help by advising what steps I'm missing (this old grandfather is pulling out the last of his grey hair :-)

Regards

Tom Jones