Re: FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 Segfault

Just for the record (and so I can stop replying to myself while being
completely OT) - if I put the tuner in a windows box and use both of the
tuners (i.e. do picture-in-picture or view/record simultaneously etc)
then pop it back in the linux box everything works. The linux usb stack
must be doing something funny with the card :/ (gentoo 2.6.23-r8 kernel)

Andrew

Andrew Jeffery wrote:

| Andrew Jeffery wrote:
| |
| |
| | Thomas Schuering wrote:

| it up
| | |
| | | Hi Andrew,
| | |
| | | I suppose you tried the standard-branch of v4l, didn't you?
| | | That one also caused the same problems on my side.
| | |
| | | Try this one instead:
| | | hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pascoe/xc-test/
| |
| | Yeah I was using the standard branch and tried the xc-test branch after
| | I emailed :) It started working with Chris' branch but now I'm having
| | troubles with the USB device on the card. This is what I'm getting in
| dmesg:
| |
| | usb usb8: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
| | hub 8-0:1.0: USB hub found
| | hub 8-0:1.0: 4 ports detected
| | usb 8-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
| | usb 8-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
| | usb 8-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
| | usb 8-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
| | usb 8-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
| | usb 8-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
| | usb 8-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
| | EXT3 FS on sda3, internal journal
| | DVB: registering new adapter (saa7133[0])
| | DVB: registering frontend 0 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...
| | usb 8-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71
| | tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
| | usb 8-1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 5
| | usb 8-1: device not accepting address 5, error -71
| | usb 8-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
| | usb 8-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
| |
| | If I modprobe the drivers (tuner-xc2028, zl10353 and dvb-usb-cxusb) in
| | nothing happens, dmesg just says that a new interface has been loaded -
| | no hardware initialisation messages or anything.
|
| That's actually wrong, here one of the tuners accepted address 6 and I
| could load the frontend for it. Not sure why but it seems that
| occasionally one of the tuners will work, other times neither of them,
| and as I said before I did have both of them working at one stage - it
| seems pretty random :(
|
| I had a look at the FAQ at http://www.linux-usb.org/ and found that my
| problem's described there as well. I tried the relevant solutions (bios
| update, rmmod/modprobe uhci-hcd) but none of them have worked.
|
| It doesn't look very
| | promising and it happens every boot since I got it working with Chris'
| | drivers... not sure if it's correlated :( I've read the errors are
| | something to do with the device getting suspended so I set noapic and
| | acpi=off but that didn't help either :/ I'll chuck the card in a windows
| | box and see what happens, see if that can kickstart it or something.
| | Anything else I should try?
| |
| | Andrew
| | |
| | | That helped removing the segfault.
| | |
| | |
| | | Hope this helps.
| | |
| | | Regards, Thomas
| |

| Andrew

- --
"Encouraging innovation by restricting the spread & use of information
seems highly counterintuitive to me." - Slashdot comment