Re: Pinnacle PCTV HD pro USB stick 801e

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008, Steven Toth wrote:

> The s5h1409 is a different beast to the s5h1411, so you're wasting your time
> trying to make that work.

Hi Steve,

is there any way you could send me at least the preliminary version of the
s5h1411 driver or tell me where I could get one? This would make it easier
to test whether the frontend attaching code works or not - right now I
have no way of knowing since it doesn't recognize the part. I will focus
on getting the xc5000 tuner to work later. With the frontend it should be
possible to watch/test digital stuff, right?

> That being said, I'm kinda surprised you're having i2c scan issues. I don't
> work with the dibcom src so maybe that's a true limitation of the part, or
> maybe something else is just plain broken on your design.

> might show a reason why I2C scanning isn't supported.

I'll do that.

Regards,
  Jernej