Re: TT S-1401 problem with kernel 2.6.24 ???

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, den 04.04.2008, 19:59 +0200 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
>
>> Michael Krufky wrote:

wait on your feedback before sending this to the -stable team.  (Please try
to test it and get back to me quickly -- I'd like to send this over before
the 2.6.24.5 review cycle begins)

>>> I also uploaded the patch to linuxtv.org, in case of mailer
whitespace-mangling:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/stable/2.6.24.y/0002-DVB-tda10086-make-the-22kHz
-tone-for-DISEQC-a-conf.patch

>>> Please test.
>>>
>> The following devices are affected by the patch:
>>
>> driver: budget
>> - Technontrend DVB-S 1401, pci subsystem id: 13c2:1018
>>
>> driver ttusb2:
>> - USB_PID_PCTV_400E
>> - USB_PID_PCTV_450E
>>
>> driver: saa7134
>> - SAA7134_BOARD_FLYDVB_TRIO
>> - SAA7134_BOARD_MEDION_MD8800_QUADRO
>> - SAA7134_BOARD_FLYDVBS_LR300
>> - SAA7134_BOARD_PHILIPS_SNAKE
>> - SAA7134_BOARD_MD7134_BRIDGE_2
>>
>> Sorry, cannot do any tests, I do not own any of these devices.
>>
>> CU
>> Oliver
>>

> good, we are likely not dead by external bureaucracy then, but explicit
> tests on 2.6.24 are needed.
>
> For saa7134 only the FLYBVBS_LR300 and the FLYDVB_TRIO are on 2.6.24.
>
> Here are two slightly different versions of the MEDION_MD8800_QUADRO,
> one in an orange MSI nforce3 amd64 and one in a normal PCI slot, means
> only the first 16be:0007 subdevice is functional, but I can use the
> second LNB connector for loop through to an external receiver.
>
> Also one of the new Medion/Creatix triple CTX948 low profile PCI cards,
> a version sold in Austria, which is auto detected as 16be:0005 and
> covered by the MD8800 config. We might add it to the name string.
>
> I would have to down port all our new stuff, including isl6405 support,
> to 2.6.24 and likely that is not the sort of test intended.
>
> BTW, the patch in question is in 2.6.25, but none of the new DVB-S
> support.
>
> Andrew, since you are waiting for the fix on 2.6.24, can you test the
> patch on 2.6.24.4 and report?

...all of this noise was made, and now not a single person is willing to
test the proposed solution?

I don't think that there will be many more 2.6.24.y releases.  I have an
ivtv patch queued for 2.6.24.5, and this tda10086 patch is sitting in my
outbox, waiting for test results.

I suspect that 2.6.25 will be released in a few days, after which,
2.6.24.y -stable release turnaround gets slower and slower, and most
likely will end by the time 2.6.26 is released.

If you want this fixed, then the fix needs testing .... NOW.

Regards,

Mike