Mantis 2033 + CI

Hello everyone,
Please excuse me if I came to the wrong place with my question, but I've
been searching high and low and couldn't find a definitive answer to my
question. Is it at all possible to use a TwinHan Mantis 2033 card with
integrated CI to receive encrypted DVB-C under Linux?

I've got the whole setup working quite well using Windows XP and
Mediaportal, so hardware-wise things are ok and I managed to compile a
list of frequencies and symbol rates from the Windows applications to
use for tuning in Linux. Sadly though I get no further than a
custom-compiled 2.6.18.1 kernel that loads the mantis module and seems
to detect my card, but no channels are ever found when tuning even
though there are a few FTA channels available to me. Also, is it normal
for the mantis module to put a line in syslog whenever it changes
frequencies?

I simply don't feel like buying a soon-to-be-EOL'ed OS just to do
something that I feel MythTV+Linux does better so I hope there's a way
to do this. If not, any suggestions for different DVB-C hardware that I
can use to view Irdeto2 encrypted TV?

Thanks for any help!

Bas