Any progress about SkyStar 2.8A support and Conexant agreement?

Hi,

Is there any progress about Conexant NDA negotiations?
Patrick said that the problem is just Conexant not agreeing to release tuner spec for open source, and he works on this to solve the problem in 3-4 weeks but now its over a month.
Could we mail Conexant altogether to push them to agree to this?

Should I switch to windows, just because Conexant does not like open source?

Thanks.
J. Jikman.