Re: now that v4l-dvb-makomk will not work on 2.6.24

On 3/22/08, Simon Kenyon <simon@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 18:26 +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > will anything be done about merging em28xx support into the mainline?
> > it has been quite a while since markus picked up his ball and went off
> > to play elsewhere
> >
> > is it really that hard to merge?
>
> by that i really mean em2880-dvb
> --
> simon

Hi,
I think the broad answer is no, it's probably not particularly hard to merge, at least not from a technical point of view. It's relatively short, and most of the changes required to stuff like the zl10353 driver are already there because of other xc3028-based cards that need them. I assume the main issue is that no-one wants to do it.

(Also, I finally got around to backporting the changes required to make v4l-dvb-makomk work on 2.6.24 - I was hoping it'd be obsolete by now, but I'm guessing not. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but it's only going to get worse, since the code in there is still just as outdated.)

Aidan