Re: CI/CAM fixes for knc1 dvb-s cards

Am Samstag 22 März 2008 schrieb Oliver Endriss:
> Christoph Pfister wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can somebody please pick up those patches (descriptions inlined)?
>
> Are these patches well-tested?

It's the initial post; so far it's only me who tested them carefully :)

The first one is pretty straightforward and shouldn't have any negative side
effects (because it changes behaviour in the case where the current code
simply fails with "ejected 3" error).
The second one is used in the same way for "similar" cards.

> > <<<fix-budget-av-cam.diff>>>
>
> Looks ok to me.
>
> @budget-av users who own a CAM:
>
> Please test this patch!
>
> > <<<fix-knc1-dvbs-ci.diff>>>
> >        case SUBID_DVBS_KNC1:
> >        case SUBID_DVBS_KNC1_PLUS:
> >        case SUBID_DVBS_EASYWATCH_1:
> >+               budget_av->reinitialise_demod = 1;
> >
> > Fix CI interface on (some) KNC1 DVBS cards
> > Quoting the commit introducing reinitialise_demod (3984 / by adq):
> > "These cards [KNC1 DVBT and DVBC] need special handling for CI -
> > reinitialising the frontend device when the CI module is reset."
> > Apparently my 1894:0010 also needs that fix, because once you initialise
> > CI/CAM you lose lock. Signed-off-by: Christoph Pfister
> > <pfister@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Are you _sure_ that 'reinitialise_demod = 1' is required by all 3 card
> types,

Of course not - I don't own a heap of cards ;)
I applied it to all 3 types because Andrew did the same for a couple of
dvb-c/t cards - at the moment all dvb-c/t cards inside budget-av use
reinitialise_demod = 1.
(It could even be needed for one of the remaining dvb-s cards - who knows ...)

> and does not hurt for SUBID_DVBS_KNC1_PLUS (1131:0011, 1894:0011)
> and SUBID_DVBS_EASYWATCH_1 (1894:001a)?

It's quite unlikely that there are any negative side effects given that it's
quite widespread inside budget-av. As long as you don't use a cam the effect
is zero anyway - for the other case I can't give guarantees (an unnecessary
demod reinit after resetting the cam likely seems to be the only possible
drawback).

> CU
> Oliver

Thanks,