Re: TDA10086 fails? DiSEqC bad? TT S-1401 Horizontal transponder fails

On Freitag, 21. März 2008, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Manu Abraham wrote:
> > Hi Hartmut,
> >
> > Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> > > This might be right! I could not get good information regarding the
> > > transponder bandwidths. We might need to make this depend on the
> > > symbol rate or a module parameter.
> >
> > You can calculate the tuner bandwidth from the transponder symbol rate
> > (in Mbaud) for DVB-S:
> >
> > BW = (1 + RO) * SR/2 + 5) * 1.3
>
> Apparently I need some lessons in signal theory. ;-)
> What does R0 stand for?
>
> Do we have to select a higher cut-off value to compensate for the LNB
> drift and other stuff like that?

Zarlink zl1003x datasheet (avail on net) tells this:
fbw = (alpha * symbol rate) / (2.0 * 0.8) + foffset

where alpha is roll-off 1.35 for dvb-s and 1.20 for DSS

The manual suggests to use highest possible bandwidth for aquiring a lock.
And after that read back the offset from the demod and adjust the tuner then.

Regards
Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)