Re: AzureWave VP 1041 DVB-S2 problem

Igor wrote:
>>> How long (seconds, minutes...) this file ?
>>> please, update your MPlayer - take the svn version.
>>> and finally please try to use dvbstream
>>>
>>> ./dvbstream -o 8192 > your.file
>>>
>>> Igor
>>>

>> Maybe around 10 seconds long.
>>

> ok
>

>> I have updated MPlayer with the latest svn
>>

> ok, it's right
>

>> and also the latest x264
>> codec and the result is still the same with.
>>

> it's not need, because inside MPlayer already included the fresh ffmpeg - decoder for h264
>

>> I don't understand how this dvbstream example works because of what I
>> understand, dvbstream uses rtp streaming?
>>

> not only for rtp streaming, dvbstrem can record the files, too
>

>> I'm running on a 2.6.24 kernel and Slamd 64 distribution. All standard
>> channels works fine, but DVB-S2 is the main
>> issue to solve.
>>

> so, it's better to write to Mplayer-dvb mailing list about your issue, and to upload your sample to Mplayer's ftp-server  ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
>
> Igor

The strange part of this is that when using a DVB-C card there where no
problem (except for performance) watching the same h.264
coded channel (SVT HD) so it feels like it should not be a mplayer issue.

I will try to mail mplayer-dvb and see what happens.

Can someone that got this card to work with DVB-S2  write down exactly
how so I can compare with how I did it?

Regards
Claes