Pinnacle HDTV PCI issues

Hello,

I have a problem with my capture device.

First a little history. I'm running a openSUSE 10.3 system with mythtv and have had a frame-grabber (bt878) in it until recently. I just upgraded to a pair of pinnacle HDTV pci cards. I just downloaded the source and compiled it this afternoon, following the instructions on the wiki. I have a large antenna on the roof, and I get channels 3, 6, 10, 13, 31, 40 and 58 all clearly with SD.

So, the problem is, I am trying to scan for HD channels using the following command:

scan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSB > channels.conf

...and it starts scanning. It doesn't find any channels until it gets to 31.1, and then it says service is running, gives me the channel information, and then the thing freezes. I can't ctrl+C out of it, and I can't even kill the process from the root account.

This is my schedulesdirect lineup, so I have 2 questions: Why is my computer locking up when I scan channels? Interestingly, it isn't locking the computer up, just the console that the app is running in, and capture card it's connected to. The second question has to do with my channels. I have my antenna pointed right at the towers, they're all in the same general location, and as I said, the SD comes in clear.

Any help is appreciated.

Lineup (95633)

2 KTVN
2-1KTVNDT