Re: Nova-T 500 issues - losing one tuner

Nicolas Will wrote:
> My Ubuntu-provided 2.6.22 works fine.
>
> And I am not losing any tuner. Not even with the Multirec of MythTV
> 0.21.

Right, well I've had enough of Ubuntu 8.04a2 (and I've learned a valuable
lesson about not using alpha OSes on "production" systems). This is mostly
down to my own actions, though -- the kernel is utterly hosed, the nVidia
driver won't load, and the HVR-3000 is refusing to talk (instead insisting
that the demux chip isn't talking).

I've backed the system off to 7.10 (Gutsy) and it seems stable -- I had to
modify the patch from http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/ to apply on the latest Hg
source... Much fun. It seems to work, so I'll probably publish the repository
tomorrow some time (after the day I've had I don't feel like doing much of
anything).

Plus I'd rather like to see if it works before I go unleashing it on the
masses at large.

I'm just waiting for ScanDVB to finish making a channels.conf for ASTRA 28.2E,
after that I'll see if I can crash the T500 :)

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx           | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain