Re: KWorld ATSC 120 - Ubuntu DVB drivers?

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 10:50:43 pm TaRDy eyedontcheat wrote:

> I asked on IRC about the KWorld ATSC 120 tuner and was told it isn't
> supported currently however it could be made to work.  I was also informed
> that all the pre-requisites are finally there, and all that is needed is
> glue code.

This card is not yet supported, but the individual chips on it do have driver code.  Mauro is working on the driver while I do the testing, since I also have one of these cards.

Right now though, the composite and S-video inputs work fine in the mainstream kernel (2.6.24 and up).  I believe recent additions to the v4l-dvb repository have already incorporated the code changes that make the FM radio work, also.

The TV tuner code isn't ready, but its close.  Specifically, the analog TV side is already partially working (we've got reliable video, just no audio yet), and the ATSC/digital tuner *wants* to work, but something is tripping us up.  I have a feeling that it'll be working fairly soon.

SO if you can justify getting the card before the driver is ready, please do so - more testers are always appreciated.

--
"Life is full of happy and sad events.  If you take the time
to concentrate on the former, you'll get further in life."