From: Tim Hewett <tghewett2@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: simeonov_2000@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tim Hewett <tghewett2@xxxxxxxxxx>; linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 7, 2008 5:18:43 PM
Subject: VP 1041: Is anybody able to tune to DVBS2 or DSS?

Yes, I have the Skystar HD2 tuning to DVB-S2 transponders using the
replacement szap.c mentioned on the wiki page, then listing the
channels using 'scan -c -a <n>' to prove proper reception, all using
the current mantis tree. No hacks were needed, it works out of the box
every time now that the mantis tree has been updated to support the
HD2 card (same one as the VP-1041).

If you are using a Diseqc switch then get rid of it for now, mine was
causing lots of unreliability. I tried three different types of Diseqc
switch, all were the same. Got rid of them then it all started working.

Tim.