Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle Gold

I just bought a Leadtek Winfast DTV Dongle Gold, I thought it would be
the same as the DTV Dongle, but apparently it's not, it's a new model
fresh of the production line about a month ago. Of course it
doesn't work following the instructions for the older model, I even
recompiled the kernel so it would be recognised (changed the usb
id, similar to changing the 6f00 to 6f01 for the last model), and
got the firmware for the old one but it appears that it is quite different.

Does anyone have any plans for working on this one? Or can someone
give me some pointers about how all this stuff works, especially how
to get the firmware out of the windows driver or at least work
out which firmware and driver it should be using.

Jarryd.