Re: DVB-S Stream multiple Channels

On 05/03/2008, Nikos Parastatidis <paranic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi there
>
>  i would like to ask you if it is posible to stream multiple channels
>  with any DVB-S card in linux.
>
>  do DVB-S have the capability to decode/tune to multiple channels?
>
>  i know this is not posible at DVB-T because of the tuner, it cannot
>  tune to multiple channels at once, you need dual or more pci cards to
>  do this.

As the other respondents have stated, it *is* possible with DVB-T and
DVB-S (and I guess probably possible with any other multiplexed format
that is not PID-filtered).

You should be able to tune to and record from other channels on the
same multiplex if your software allows. This is a key new feature of
the soon-to-be-released 0.21 version on MythTV.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: