Re: HVR4000 Update?

On 25. feb.. 2008, at 19:20, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Some code/features missing? Or just more testing needed?
>
>>> - What needs to be done to get it merged?
>>
>> tests and reports to Manu :)

I have bought a second  WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2, (having discovered the first
ones problems were related to the cable / LNB and not the card), and
have tested multiproto with http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20080128/adee4c88/attachment-0001.bin
  against the http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/ drivers.

Using regular scan and the kewl.org HVR-4000 drivers, I find 322
services on Sirius, using Manu's scan for multiproto from http://jusst.de/manu/scan.tar.bz2
, it finds 177 services, but most are just repeats of the first ten
results. (And I can't seem to get the DVB-S2 channels on Sirius
scanned just to check if reception works (even if they are encrypted).)

Tuning using the scan results from the kewl.org drivers and with szap2
work flawlessly with multiproto, but I have been unable to test it
against any DVB-S2 channels. But tuning to regular channels take 1 to
2 seconds tops.

Regards,

--
Andreas Bergstrøm