HVR4000 Update?

Hey All,

Well it still seems to me that the Multi-Proto mess is still impacting real World use of cards such as the HVR4000. I'm currently using Ubuntu 7.10, and have still not managed much from my HVR4k apart from the main DVB-S channels on Astra 28.2e. I use Myth as my Media Server, and have no access to DVB-T or DVB-S2 channels. I read there are patches to make this poss, but there is such a muddle of info I am totally unsure what I should be doing to use the features of the card properly.

Can anyone please make a clear guide on what I should do to get my HVR4k going properly with Myth? If I can't get things going 'properly' just being able to help beta stuff would be good. What SVN do I need to check-out? What patches do I need to apply? What Myth do I need to check out? Then what patches does that need?

Please guys, give us some pointers here so we can help with testing and maybe help push this forwards. What distro is best for getting things working? I'm on Ubuntu 7.10, but would SuSE better serve a solution? Fedora? Which?!

Thanks,

Ian