Re: Need Help with PCTV 452e (USB DVB-S2 device with STB0899)

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Jens Krehbiel-Gräther wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After two defective devices I got now a working one from pinnacle
> support (I tested it in Windows and it works fine).
>
> But under Linux I could not get a positive scan or channel-lock. Could
> please anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I read the list and
> searched the list archive and did everything described here, but my
> device isn't working.
>
> I followed the instructions of the wiki about this device:
>
> hg clone http://www.jusst.de/hg/multiproto
> wget -O pctv452e.patch http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20080125/b9e1d749/attachment-0001.patch
> cd multiproto
> patch -p1 < ../pctv452e.patch
Hmm, I discovered that there's in an issue in pctv452e.c line 426 which should be:
  { STB0899_I2CRPT        , 0x58 },
In the patch there's 0x5c as value which doesn't work for me.

Could you please try this and report if it works for you too.

Dominik