Re: [patch] support for key repeat with dib0700 ir receiver

Il giorno mar, 19/02/2008 alle 17.33 +0100, Eduard Huguet ha scritto:
> Hi, >     Thanks for your efforts. ¿Do you think this patch will also be> useful to the unknown keycodes problem of the Nova-T 500 remote?> > If you don't know what I'm talking about here you have a brief> description: whenever the Nova-T 500 receiver detects "invalid" or> "unknown" IR codes (i.e. when you operate the TV remote, etc...) it> keeps logging warning messages to kernel ring buffer until a "valid"> code is received.> > There is a very simple patch in the wiki for this, but it doesn't cure> the problem, just the symptons. I was wondering if your patch is a> better way to solve it...> > Regards, >   Eduard
Hi, I was not aware this was a known problem but I'm pretty sure thispatch should solve it. That problem happens because the toggle bitcontrol (on the unpatched code) is done in the keymap check cycle sounknown repeated keys are not ignored and since the keypress data isstill saved into the device the error message is printed every 150msuntill key data changes.I didn't find the wiki page but I think this is the correct solutionsince it resets ir data after each poll.Please let me know if it works good if you are going to test the patch.Thanks
Filippo