Re: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR4000 and DVB-S2...

> >> My goal is to get this card to tune to a DVB-S2 transponder, more
> >> specifically this one:
> >> http://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=2656
> >> I have a dish with 4 LNBs connected to the HVR4000 through a DiSEqC
> >> 1.0 4x1 switch.
> >> The 4th LNB is pointed to this satellite and I can tune to DVB-S
> >> transponders there just fine with another card as well as this one
> >> (more on that later).
> >>
> >> I assume multiproto is necessary for DVB-S2 tuning to actually work.
> >> Right?
> >
> > yes, right. Latest version of multiproto will help you.
>
> Thanks. Since I asked this in the first place, let me put it another
> way:
> Currently there is no other way to get DVB-S2 tuning, other than going
> with the multiproto tree, such as a patch-set for the main hg tree?

there's other way - the hvr4000-patches from Darron Broad for current hg tree
http://dev.kewl.org/hauppauge/

> So, to conclude, as Holger Steinhaus noted:
>
> The 2 things that can "speak" to the multiproto drivers a compatible
> version of the DVB API "language" are
> - szap2 and
> - vdr-1.5.14 + h264 patch ?
>
> Are there any others?

there's multiproto-patch for mythtv , I don't know anything abot kaffeine.

> If I use szap2 first, then I can also use dvbstream or dvbsnoop as
> well. I have to keep szap2 running though, because the frontend shuts
> down after some time, despite the dvb-core module option
> dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 (I think I have seen this previously reported).

yes, we are waiting for the answer from Manu about this option in multiproto - it's seems it was broken.

Igor