Re: Some tests on Avermedia A700

On Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2008, Eduard Huguet wrote:
> En/na Matthias Schwarzott ha escrit:
> > On Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008, Eduard Huguet wrote:
> >> En/na Matthias Schwarzott ha escrit:

> >> Hi,
> >>   Nothing :(. Removing (or setting it to 0) the voltage_inverted member
> >> doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm starting to suspect that there
> >> is something wrong with my antennae setup, so I'll test it later using
> >> an standalone STB or by plugging the card into a Windows computer and
> >> using the supplied drivers.
> >
> > Even better: Tune to a channel and measure the voltage the card outputs
> > on LNB connector.
> >
> > Regards
> > Matthias
>
> Oops :D. Could you please elaborate a bit on this? I don't know what is
> the LNB connector you are referring to. Plus, I don't have right now any
> voltimeter, but if needed I'll grab one from work tomorrow.

So, as I started playing with my A700 card, I discovered that the
input-connector on the card, where one attaches the coax-cable to the
lnb/dish, sent out wrong voltage.

13V / 18V was swapped. So I patched mt312 driver and added the setting
voltage_inverted to reverse it.
Instead of just guessing what happens it is interesting to just call the
dvb-apps example app set_voltage and measure what voltage the hw outputs.

Regards
Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)