Re: Some tests on Avermedia A700

On Monday 11 February 2008, you wrote:
> En/na Eduard Huguet ha escrit:
> >>
> >> Hi Eduard!

> >> So I can do only this guess:
> >> I changed demod driver to invert the Polarization voltage for a700 card.
> >> This is controlled by member-variable voltage_inverted.
> >>
> >> static struct mt312_config avertv_a700_mt312 = {
> >>         .demod_address = 0x0e,
> >>         .voltage_inverted = 1,
> >> };
> >>
> >> Can you try to comment the voltage_inverted line here (saa7134-dvb.c:
> >> line 865).
> >>
> >> BUT: If this helps we need to find out how to detect which card needs
> >> this enabled/disabled.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Matthias
> >
> > Hi,
> >   Nothing :(. Removing (or setting it to 0) the voltage_inverted
> > member doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm starting to suspect
> > that there is something wrong with my antennae setup, so I'll test it
> > later using an standalone STB or by plugging the card into a Windows
> > computer and using the supplied drivers.
> >
> > Regards,
> >   Eduard
>
> By the way (sorry if I'm being molest...): I will leave the card in this
> PC for now, as it's easier fo me to test and develop. As I have also
> Windows here ¿is there any way we could do any reverse enginnering from
> Windows driver, etc...?

I already asked you to compare eeprom output in dmesg. But did you also
compare GPIO messages - like init-values read after startup (to detect
different wiring)?
This is from my dmesg output: "saa7133[0]: board init: gpio is a600"

Or just attach dmesg output after a cold boot and loading saa7134 driver (with
i2c_scan=1).

Maybe I create a patch where you can select the other existing zl10313 driver.
So we can compare the logs / functionality.

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)