Twinhan 1034 driver (Mantis)

Hello,

I'm new to the list and I have been looking through the archives to determine that current status of the Mantis DVB drivers. I bought one recently not realising that the driver was still in an alpha state and that the CAM interface is still not supported. I will be installing it into a Windows machine instead but I would like to have it installed in my MythTV box.

I have followed the instructions here: http://www.verbraak.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Mantis_driver and got my Gentoo linux machine (kernel 2.6.23) to recognise the DVB card but when I try to use any DiSeqc commands to set the LNB (using MythTV) for my setup it gets in a loop which locks up with dvb module. I have tried using dvbtune as well and it does pretty much the same thing. When I get home I can provide info on what messages are being written to the messages log (it is a continuous stream).

I am trying to connect to the Optus Aurora channels in Australia. If anyone else has information on getting this setup working I would appreciate some help.

So sorry for asking this on the list but is it possible to point me in the right direction. I am prepared to spend time assisting with testing drivers. My experience with writing drivers is non-existant but I am willing to assist in any way I can. Am I wasting my time? ie are there roadblocks that are going to prevent full linux support of the Mantis chipset DVB-S cards?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Jennings