Re: PULL request for a bunch of DiBcom-based changes

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 17:05 +0100, Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> > > That one is for the wiki.
> > >
> > > Is there a place/file describing all those options?
> >
> > Not that I know of. I found it in the source code while looking at how
> > to put a patch in to disable the polling. I found it was already
> > possible ;)
>
> modinfo dvb-usb
> modinfo dvb-usb-dib0700

Yeah, sure, you can get it from the compiled modules... I was referring
to a more thorough documentation. To easily get all options available in
your installation (affecting DVB):

for m in `/sbin/lsmod | grep dvb | cut -d ' ' -f 1`; do
  echo "$m:";
  /sbin/modinfo $m | grep '^parm:' | cut -b 17- | sed 's/:/\t\t/';
  echo;
done

Sample output on my system, with a Nova-T 500 and a Nova-T Stick, after
some manual reformatting:

dvb_usb_dib0700:
================
force_lna_activation      force the activation of Low-Noise-Amplifyer(s)
                          (LNA), if applicable for the device (default:
                          0=automatic/off).
                          (int)
debug                     set debugging level
                          (1=info,2=fw,4=fwdata,8=data (or-able)).
                          (int)
dvb_usb_dib0700_ir_proto  set ir protocol (0=NEC, 1=RC5 (default),
                          2=RC6).
                          (int)

dib7000p:
=========
debug                     turn on debugging (default: 0)
                          (int)
buggy_sfn_workaround      Enable work-around for buggy SFNs (default: 0)
                          (int)

dib7000m:
=========
debug                     turn on debugging (default: 0)
                          (int)

dvb_usb:
========
debug                     set debugging level (1=info,xfer=2,pll=4,
                          ts=8,err=16,rc=32,fw=64,mem=128,uxfer=256
                          (or-able)). (int)
disable_rc_polling        disable remote control polling
                          (default: 0).
                          (int)
force_pid_filter_usage    force all dvb-usb-devices to use a PID filter,
                          if any (default: 0).
                          (int)

dvb_core:
=========
dvb_net_debug             enable debug messages
                          (int)
frontend_debug            Turn on/off frontend core debugging
                          (default:off).
                          (int)
dvb_shutdown_timeout      wait <shutdown_timeout> seconds after
                          close() before suspending hardware
                          (int)
dvb_force_auto_inversion  0: normal (default),
                          1: INVERSION_AUTO forced always
                          (int)
dvb_override_tune_delay   0: normal (default),
                          >0 => delay in milliseconds to wait for
                          lock after a tune attempt
                          (int)
dvb_powerdown_on_sleep    0: do not power down,
                          1: turn LNB voltage off on sleep (default)
                          (int)
cam_debug                 enable verbose debug messages
                          (int)
debug                     Turn on/off debugging (default:off).
                          (int)
dvbdev_debug              Turn on/off device debugging (default:off).
                          (int)

dib3000mc:
debug                     turn on debugging (default: 0)
                          (int)
buggy_sfn_workaround      Enable work-around for buggy SFNs (default: 0)
                          (int)

dib0070:
========
debug                     turn on debugging (default: 0)
                          (int)

  // J