Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e) and DVB-S2

Dominik Kuhlen schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> Manus multiproto HG tree (jusst.de/hg/multiproto) and the attached patch make the pctv452e work with DVB-S2 and DVB-S :)
>
> Also the LED turns to green if the frontend is openend and turns back to orange if released (thanks to manu for postproc interface ;).
>
> I managed to tune Astra19.2E 11.915GHz transponder (Premiere) and receive tables and data,
> but my CPU is too slow do decode the video in realtime :(
> The tuning seems to be quite reliable (no failures so far).
> But I had no luck to tune to 11.722GHz (Pro7) so far (maybe some values are hardcoded to 27500kSym/s).

Hi!

I have a problem with the driver. I followed the step-by-step
installation in the wiki

<snip>

hg clone http://www.jusst.de/hg/multiproto
wget -O pctv452e.patch
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/attachments/20080125/b9e1d749/attachment-0001.patch
cd multiproto
patch -p1 < ../pctv452e.patch
make ; # there might be a few warnings.
cd v4l
insmod dvb-core.ko
insmod dvb-pll.ko
insmod stb6100.ko verbose=0
insmod stb0899.ko verbose=0
insmod lnbp22.ko
insmod dvb-usb.ko
insmod dvb-usb-pctv452e.ko
# in case some insmod complains about unresolved symbols:

</snip>

The multiproto
It compiles with an error because the patch did not apply wihtout error:

<snip>
dev:/usr/src/multiproto# patch -p1 < pctv452e.patch
patching file linux/drivers/media/Kconfig
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/Kconfig
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/Makefile
Hunk #1 succeeded at 61 with fuzz 2.
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 139.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb
                                                         /dvb-usb-ids.h.rej
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/pctv452e.c
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/Kconfig
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/Makefile
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/lnbp21.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 117 (offset -1 lines).
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/lnbp22.c
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/lnbp22.h
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_algo.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 495 (offset -27 lines).
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_drv.c
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_drv.h
patching file linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb6100.c
patching file linux/include/linux/dvb/frontend.h
patching file linux/include/linux/dvb/video.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 32 with fuzz 1 (offset 1 line).
dev:/usr/src/multiproto#
</snip>

So I inserted the line into
linux/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-usb/dvb-usb-ids.h by hand
#define USB_PID_PCTV_452E                              0x021f

I type make and all compiles with only a few warnings but now without
any error.

When I install the modules and load them I get the following output from
dmesg:

</snip>
usb 3-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
dvb-usb: found a 'PCTV HDTV USB' in warm state.
pctv452e_power_ctrl: 1
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (PCTV HDTV USB)
pctv452e_frontend_attach Enter
stb0899_attach: Exiting .. !
dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'PCTV HDTV USB'
input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input5
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 100 msecs.
pctv452e_power_ctrl: 0
dvb-usb: PCTV HDTV USB successfully initialized and connected.
</snip>

But there is no frontend loaded:

<snip>
dev:/usr/src/multiproto# ls /dev/dvb/
adapter0
dev:/usr/src/multiproto# ls /dev/dvb/adapter0/
demux0  dvr0  net0
dev:/usr/src/multiproto#
</snip>

Any idea why this happens? I followed the mails about the PCTV452e in
the last weeks and there are several messages about a working
installation but I do not have a frontend after loading the modules!!?

Thanks,
  Jens