Re: "Invalid section length or timeout" using Kaffeine and Twinhan 102g (aka VP-1022 Rev 2.0?)

Hi again,

I'm reporting back on your suggested fixes.  I tried using the dummy
channels on Kaffeine 0.8.5 (what's shipped with Fedora 8), and that
didn't appear to work; the scan would still stop and I'd get no
channels.

So I downloaded Kaffeine 0.8.6 source and built it, making the change
you suggested.  That does work!  Although I'm still not able to get any
channels on the 12180 V 30000 transponder on AMC3-87W.  This appears to
be because that multiplex doesn't have a Service Description Table.
Kaffeine apparently doesn't have any code to synthesize names when it
doesn't find one of these.  That would be a nice feature to add.

I was able to get channel "names" on another transponder 11716 H 4859.
The names are coming out like "TSID:3-SID:1".

So I'm not sure what to do about not getting channel names on some of
these multiplexes.  Perhaps I just got lucky and picked one of the rare
multiplexes with no SDT.  Or maybe this is fairly common and I will run
into it often.

Incidentally, it appears that kaffeine looks for a NIT section too
(0x10), and complains if it's not there.

Thanks for your help.  Let me know if you make some changes to
synthesize channel names for this sort of multiplex.  I'd be happy to
test out the changes :)

- Corey