Re: RTL2831U kernel driver

Hi tiwag,

The only thing stopping it building in v4l-dvb is the conflicting
filename tuner.o. Renaming the version form the driver lets it build ok.
Below is a patch for the complete RTL2831U driver against the current hg
version of v4l-dvb.

http://bware.iware.co.uk/rtl2831u.patch

Note, I don't think this conforms to the v4l-dvb quality standards. It
doesn't seem to have the same separation of the frontend the other
drivers offer.  And it doesn't work any better then the kernel build.

Not to be pedantic but it would be very helpful to know if you have
successfully tuned. No one on the forum explicitly says they have got
any further then me. I can auto-scan in Kaffeine, which turns on the
light, it just doesn't find anything, even with a strong signal.

Barnaby