Re: Pinnacle 800i driver problems

On Jan 23, 2008 11:11 PM, superhappyfunball <superhappyfunball@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have since gotten it running. Seems I was missing the XC firmware for

Glad to hear that. I guess it should have been mentioned earlier that
the firmware is needed. In any event, I have updated the wiki page at
linuxtv.org with the relevant firmware downloading instruction so we
can point anyone else to a page that explains all the necessary pieces
to get the 800i working.

> the tuner. I grabbed, extracted and reloaded the modules, and all is
> well. Except for one thing:
>
> No sound. Now, it could just be ALSA issues. I know running multiple
> soundcards can be an issue. Ideas?

I assume you mean analog tv or analog input. The audio is via the
cx88-alsa module, which is working fine for me last time I tested. You
need to grab the sound from the appropriate /dev/dsp? device. Do a
"cat /proc/asound/cards" and it will tell you what number(the "?") to
use for your cx88-alsa device. Note that you might run into issues if
your cx88-alsa grabs the index 0 for your sound cards. In that case,
use module options to force the cx88-alsa to index 1 or 2 as needed.
Index 0 should be reserved for your main sound card so your normal
software can use /dev/dsp (which they always default to).

--
Chaogui Zhang