Re: problems with yakumo quickstick dvb-t on arm (maybe hw pid filtering related)

------ Original Message ------
From: Stefan Assmann <sassmann@xxxxxxx>
To: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  problems with yakumo quickstick dvb-t on arm (maybe hw
pid filtering related)

> Hi all,
>
> I've been running in some trouble with dvb-t usb receiver on arm
> platform, seems to work ok on x86. Whenever I try to scan for channels
> the system freezes until the usb receiver is physically removed. Then
> everything is back to normal again. I started diggin and the trouble
> seem to be related to the hardware pid filter, when this comes to action
> the described behaviour occurs. Here's some info:

Hi,
you can try with the patch contained in the message
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-January/023040.html
I had a similar problem on a mips platform and it worked for me and depending
on how your platform handles dma coherence it could fix your problem too.

It refers to a 2.6.20.4 kernel but it can easily be applied to other
versions.

Bye
Michele