Re: Pinnacle 800i driver analog audio issues

2008/1/21 Timothy E. Krantz <tkrantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> After compiling the latest Pinnacle 800i driver from the tree I have the
> following :
>
> cx88_alsa: disagrees about version of symbol [foo]
> cx88_alsa: Unknown symbol [foo]
>
> this is after doing
>
> make
> make unload
> make install
> make load

I have removed 'make load' from the repo howto -- this should not be
used.  'make unload' is very good for unloading the all modules, but
to load them, you should manually modprobe the driver that you need,
by name.

...and Chaogui is correct -- rebooting your system should fix your problem.

Regards,

Mike