Re: DViCO FusionHDTV5 Express and cx23885 support

On Jan 17, 2008 12:15 PM,  <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Andrew Casper wrote:

> > Mike -
> >
> > You'd think that would work, but no. And it that killed my other two
> > tuner card (an hd3000 and an hd5500). And no Fusion Card in sight.
>
> Ah, I misread your previous response, "No cx23885.ko is made - just
> links to the src files. And I did a "make
> install".   I had misinterpreted this as "No [not so --], cx23885.ko is
> made [and there are] links to the src files.
>
> I am seeing an issue now in the master branch that the build system of a
> fresh clone does select all drivers to build, but VIDEO drivers don't
> actually get built.
>
> (cc added to mauro)
>
> This is consistent with what you are seeing -- neither cx88 nor cx23885
> is being built for you, so you've lost all your cards.
>
> I don't know what's wrong, but now I cant work on any drivers until this
> issue is resolved.
>
> Why dont VIDEO drivers build anymore, even if they are correctly
> selected via Kconfig?
>
> -Mike

Andrew,

I don't know exactly what is CAUSING this problem, and I dont have
time to debug this right now (hopefully Mauro will) ... but....  a
workaround to the issue that I am seeing, to enable build of the VIDEO
drivers, i must enter menuconfig, and then disable RADIO.

After doing so, I get the full tree to build again.

Can you give this a try and let us know what happens on your end?

Good Luck,

Mike