Re: Avermedia Avertv A700 DVB-S Pro support

---------- Missatge reenviat ----------
From: Matthias Schwarzott < zzam@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: Andreas Oberritter <obi@xxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx, Tino Reichardt < list-linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 00:36:53 +0100
Subject: Avermedia Avertv A700 DVB-S Pro support
Hi there!

This patch should make the A700 finally run. (At least I get a lock at most
tries :) )

After adding zl10036 and zl10313 support one needs also these patches to use
a700 card for dvb:

01_avertv_A700_analog: already sent patch to support analog inputs
02_mt312-invertable-voltage: adds setting inverted_voltage for different
wiring of voltage pin.
03_avertv_A700_dvb: adds support for dvb part of A700.
This tries to reset the demod via gpio - hope it works.

Regards
Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)

Those are very good news! I was really wanting this card to be supported, because it's one of the (very) few low-profile DVB-S cards that fits on my barebone.

I even bought one, but I returned it because it wasn't supported (I think we talk about it... ;). I then returned it and bought an HVR-4000, just to find it didn't fit into my box! So this one got returned too, and I was desperately looking for  low-profile DVB-S(2) card that were supported under Linux.

I'll try to test these patches as soon as I get an A700 on my hands.I suppose that they must be applied to the curreny HG tree, but maybe when I try them they are yet merged, who knows.

Best regards, and thank you again for your hard work.
  Eduard