Re: Digiwave 108G/GeniaTech TVStar Card - Adding it to the CX88 Driver

Hi Dwaine,

Am Mittwoch, den 02.01.2008, 18:03 -0500 schrieb Dwaine Garden:
> I have added the following code to cx88-cards.c and it seemed to activate the card.  I can now here the regulator for the LNB switch on.  Also, I'm getting both signal and SNR values that look better than before.  I also get locks on radio channels when scanning.
>
> Is there a way to confirm the actual analog TV tuner for the device? I think this is the code that is missing.

the FQ1216ME with tda9887 is the most doubtfully analog tuner in it's
current shape I know about. There are some old multi standard PAL/SECAM
tuners in a similar uncertain condition, but at least they don't claim
suddenly to be compatible with more recent MK3/4/5 tuners too.

For the two physically existing devices I imagine, none of them has a
tda9887. For the more recent FQ1216ME H-3 (MK3) it is a tda9886, means
no analog radio support on that analog TV tuner. It would need an extra
radio tuner chip for that then.

Those are all still huge tin/can tuners, but from the fuzzy picture I
saw, you definitely seem to have some sort of silicon behind the analog
antenna connectors.

Likely it is worth to have a closer look at these chips again.

For what is confused currently with FQ1216ME, you should be either far
away from it or you are close to shed some light on it, how it could
come into this stage.

Interesting enough, that you seem to get no errors on analog tuning
attempts.

Cheers,
Hermann