Re: HVR-950 status

Hey Devin,

I was able to get full ATSC support from the HVR-950 running the latest Ubuntu 7.10 with a std mythtv install.  I was also able to finagle getting the other input devices (NTSC/S-Video/Composite) functioning by using their respective V4L names.  There is a sox sound hack that's been floating around because analog sound support is not currently available.  I have not tested it.  Sorry to say it's not a problem specific to your environment.

http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950.html

that's where I started.  Let me know if you would like more detailed information about my setup.  From what I have gathered, the HVR-950 does not do QAM decoding, so digital cable is not available (could someone clarify this as a hardware/software issue?), only OTA (VSB encoding).

Good luck!

-Kyle