Re: AverTV Hybrid Volar HX

Michael Krufky wrote:

> Manu Abraham wrote:
>> Some of the vendors (more than one) wrote to me that the TDA18271 driver
>> doesn't work. That was the basis of my statement.
>

> Silly vendors.  Why write to _you_ about somebody else's work?

One of the vendors cc'd me, since they did ask you and had no response from you
They asked me to work on a driver from ground up or fix your driver, since you told
them that you had no time.

I hope some ghost didn't write the inlined mail.

Manu

Max-

I apologize -- I have been extremely busy these past few months.... I
moved to a new apartment AND started a new job.

Anyway, back to business...  I requested that my current tda18271 driver
be merged into the master development branch.  The current driver works
for all analog video standards, and has support for atsc / qam / dvb-t
...  although the digital tuning is so far untested.  I will be working
on atsc / qam in the next few weeks, testing with hardware that I have here.

I'd also like to work on DVB-T, but I don't have a driver for the
tda10048 -- have you worked on this?  I have devices here using tda10048
and a dvb-t test feed... if you have a demod driver, it would help me to
finish the dvb-t support in the tuner module.

Otherwise, I was thinking of working on such a tda10048 driver myself,
although I probably won't have time to get started on that for a few
months.  If you already have started on one, it would be quicker.

Again, I apologize for my slow response -- I promise to be better about
this from now on  ;-)

Regards,

Mike Krufky