Re: firmware xc3028-v27.fw ?

Hi Steven.

----- Original Message ----
From: Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: cromworshipper-linuxdvb@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: linux-dvb@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 6:15:33 PM
Subject: Re: firmware xc3028-v27.fw ?

cromworshipper-linuxdvb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I installed two items in my machine recently
> 1) Hauppage hvr950
> 2) Hauppage pvr 1800
>
> To get them to work, I built and installed from
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb.  The compile and install went well, but I
> get the following in /var/log/messages:
>
> xc2028 2-0061: Error: firmware xc3028-v27.fw not found
>
> Is that for the 1800 card?  I haven't been able to find that firmware.
> Would that be extracted from the driver CD?  I might have tossed it out...

No, the HVR1800 does not use that xc3028 driver, it's asking for the
firmware for the HVR950.

For digital ATSC or QAM, the HVR1800 is working nicely with the current
v4l-dvb build.

I know the HVR950 is supported (with various patches?), but I don't know
much about getting it to work. Have you tried the linuxtv.org wiki?

- Steve

Yes I have.  I've lost track of the exact thread, but if I recall correctly, the 950 is supported by the em28xx module in the mainline tree.  I haven't been able to find a page dedicated to it.  Did I miss it?  Is the mailing list the only way to keep track of which hardware is supported by which module?

Now that you mention it, there is also http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mkrufky/hvr950/ but I don't want to have conflicts between the dvb modules there and the ones in the mainline tree.  Besides, since it is 13 months old, I imagine it has been merged to the mainline tree.  Is that not true.

If the HVR 1800 is supposed to work then it must /dev/dvb/adapter0, right?  Is there a way verify that?

Thanks for your help, Steven.

John