Re: State of Twinhan Cab-CI 2031 support (old version, non-mantis)

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Benny Amorsen wrote:
> bbee <bumble.bee@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Manu Abraham wrote:
>>> If it is a big headache and doesn't do what you want, better to get
>>> rid of it.
>>
>> I just might, if we can't figure it out.
>
> If you find another budget (as in "provides the raw TS") card with
> built-in CAM slot or a CAM slot that fits in a 3 1/2" slot, please
> post to the list.

I do remember seeing a few DVB-C cards that have a CAM slot hanging off a
flatcable, for use in a floppydrive slot.

> I can't find a replacement for my Cab-CI, and it hasn't been working
> for more than a year.

Just out of curiosity, do you have the same problem I've been having?
I don't think it's fair to ask Manu to do the work if there is so little
interest, so I'm just gonna sell the card to somebody who will use it with
products from Redmond.

I'm very tempted to also sell my Alphacrypt CAM, get two PCI DVB-C tuners
without CAM, and switch to using my Phoenix reader + a softcam. I'd end up
with an extra tuner and 100 euros in my pocket..

bbee