Fwd: hauppauge nova-t stick driver problem... driver hacking?

       Hi,

       related to this problem/dirty-hack, I've tried different things
("soft reinitialisations") and they didn't seem to work. In the file
dvb-core/dvb_frontend.c, in function dvb_frontend_ioctl, inside the
"case FE_SET_FRONTEND", I've tried different options before the
retunning:

1) added a call to dvb_frontend_reinitialise, same problem
2) added a call to dvb_frontend_init, same problem
3) added a call to dvb_frontend_stop / dvb_frontend_start, same problem

Since the problem also persists if I just rmmod/modprobe the module
(dvb_usb_dib0700), and the only solution working right now is to
unplug/plug the stick, I assume that I must do something more in order
to force an almost-full stop of the stick, firmware reload, etc. Is
this possible? Does anybody have any idea about how to do this? I know
that's very dirty, but I just want my stick to work reliabily :-)
Anyway, if anybody has an idea about where to look in order to fix
this behaviour, I'll be glad to help with tests/debug, etc.

Best,
Jose