Re: DVB-S card swaps / giveaway

P. van Gaans wrote:
> On 12/09/2007 10:00 PM, Matthew Bloch wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> I've had two unsuccessful attempts at finding a Linux-supported DVB-S
>> card.  I've bought two Technisat products: a Skystar USB Plus - except
>> the "Plus" model is completely different from the supported "Skystar
>> USB", and now a Skystar 2 TV PCI card, except I bought a revision 2.7V
>> which isn't supported either.
>>
>> I'd happily give either or both of these away to developers interested
>> in getting some drivers written; alternatively I could swap one of them
>> for a Linux-supported card if that interests anyone?
>>
>> Finally can anyone suggest a shop selling a compatible card who'll ship
>> to the UK?  It's been an expensive uphill struggle so far :)
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> Second half of august 2007 I bought a Technotrend S-1500 with CI from
> dvbshop.net, and it works for me.
>
> I recognize your experience, I once bought a Technisat AirStar DVB-T
> USB. Didn't work on Linux either. I'll take another look at that sometime..
>
> P.

I bought the S-1500 too and got the main part working perfectly, but
never got the CI bit to work. Very new to the whole CI thing so not sure
 if i had programmed my dragon cam correctly to work with my
subscription card. Was trying via MythTV but that doesn't have a cam
menu and none of the other apps i tried got the cam menu up either. I
know the cam does boot up to a menu as if i plug it into my usb
programmer i can get into all the cam menus

Will