Re: new driver for: Twinhan Hybrid DTV-DVB 3056 PCI [1822:0022] as card=118 in cardlist.saa7134

Hi Sioux!

Am Samstag, den 08.12.2007, 22:16 +0100 schrieb sioux:
> All  :-)
>
> Sioux is back  :-)
>
> I see my email has generate a  big work...
> Thanks guys

Not much work to set up some lines and you had all ready so far.
It takes more time to look up the latest known status on the lists.

In this case, we had to start also to look for coding style issues
running seven years old code against a script and I was not sure if I
have to fix all what comes up over all places, when submitting some new
lines ...  (then I ask also, who took it previously?)

> I am happy... even if I hope none of you will get money for that
> becouse otherwise I want some cents for me too. :-)
> and also I hope no RIAA or SIAE or any yellow finace police in futures
> days will ring to my door for have done only few stupid testing and
> report on this mail list :-)

No money and totally legal.

> So,
> Hermann give me instruction what I have to do for test the patch you
> sent me like:

It's your patch suggestion with the fix for the auto detection you asked
for and taking Egidio's previous test report into account.

> 1. what I have to type on my keyboard to test the file you sent (how I
> install that)?

If you have a recent v4l-dvb snapshot from the master repository at
linuxtv.org, put it into it and name it, say, sioux.patch.

"patch --dry-run -p1 < sioux.patch"

If no error.

"patch -p1 < sioux.patch"
"make"
"make rmmod"
"make rmmod"
"make install"
"modprobe -v saa7134"

Check if the auto detection does work and test all you can, analog TV,
digital TV, radio and the other inputs. Report what you can't test and
what goes wrong and maybe needs further fixes.

> 2. what you need for my signed-off?

You have the link to read about it. No fake allowed.
Just a line "Signed-off-by: your_name <your.e-mail.somewhere>"

> I told you I am not a developer... just a crazy sioux...
>
> Before start the test I must clean some alias.
>
> Ciao.
>
> P.S.
> I don't like give you my signed-off with my real name :-)  if ok I can
> do it with my nick name..
> that's ok for you?

I don't make the rules, not even Linus, some gambling in the markets
force us to take care to document our code. For just adding a new card
it might be a bit too much currently ...

See above and read. It is up to you. If you don't like it, you get at
least credit as Sioux.

Happy testing, that is the work now.

Thanks,
Hermann