Re: DVB-S card for 3.8 GHz frequency range?

On Freitag, 7. Dezember 2007, Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:>  Hi,>>  I'm trying to record the Ethiopian Schoolnet DVB-S channels -> unfortunately they seem to be broadcast at really weird frequencies> (3.887 GHz, Symbol rate 26500000) that none of the DVB-S cards I tried> can handle (the cards I tried seem to be limited to the 10 GHz-12 GHz> range).>>  Is there any card (PCI preferred, but USB would be ok) that can> receive DVB-S broadcasts at 3.887 GHz, or is there anything that could> be used to shift the signal to a reasonable frequency?>Well normally the LNB shifts the frequency to a reasonable range that can be carried on coax cables. It just seems that your LNB is no normal Ku band one.So you must have have one with another local-oszilator frequency (C-Band?).Wikipedia tells me: "A typical C-band satellite uses 3.7–4.2 GHz for downlink."Local oscillator: 5.15 GHz
It should be enough to configure the software using the correct LO frequency. Then you should be able to receive the channel.
Matthias-- Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)