Re: DVB_CARDS: KWORLD DVB-S100 setup on Gentoo Linux

On 04/12/2007, Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Montag, 3. Dezember 2007, Flavio wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > Have anybody here got installed her/his KWORLD DVB-S100 card?
> > I trying to get it working on Gentoo Linux but, unfortunately I don't
> > know how to set the DVB_CARDS environment variable on my make.conf
> > file.
> >
> > Here's what I'm talking about:
> > http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Gentoo_DVB_driver#Installing_firmw
> >are_files

Hello, thank you  so much Matthias.

> So you see DVB_CARDS is only used for installing firmware files.

That's OK, I understand. I don't know if it is really necessary to
have the media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-firmware package installed or not. If
yes, I don't know what's the right flag to set up as regard DVB_CARDS.

> Did you manage to install driver first?
> Either taking kernel-ones, or install v4l-dvb-hg package.

Yes, of course, I followed this guide:
http://www.linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/Gentoo_DVB_driver
(By the way, I don't think it is up to date - no all kernel options
are selectable)
I expecially did as the "Method A - Kernel-Drivers" says. I didn't do
the "pcimodules" command line because I compiled modules as "built in"
in the kernel.
Then I didn't go ahead since I don't know what to do with DVB_CARDS variable.

Thanks a lot,

Flavio