Re: Problem with Afatech 9016 device in "Typhoon Movie Stick"

Thorsten Jordan wrote:
> Antti Palosaari wrote:
>> Thorsten Jordan wrote:
>>> i have bought a "Typhoon Movie Stick" that is sold with different
>>> hardware in it. I got one with Afatech 9016 device (USB id 15a4:9016),
>>> which i got partly to work with the driver from afatech itself (the one
>>> that comes with patched linux-dvb-tree).
>>>
>>> The problem: the chip tunes to a frequency, but snr is zero, biterror
>>> rate astronomical high. Does anyone know such behaviour - or is it
>>> likely a hardware fault?
>> Driver you are using does not implement snr or ber reporting.
> ah ok, but when i tried to watch tv like with "mplayer dvb://zdf" (zdf =
> example for channel name) it didn't work as well.
>
> Hell, i just checked again just now and i now have TV! It didnt work
> yesterday and i dont know why. This is no lie, just bizarre fact.

heh, sometimes it happens. Maybe driver issue. Locks sometimes and
sometimes not.

> If i have more news i will report back. Thanks for the answer so far!
>
>>> I would need to install windows to check the latter.
>> no need
> i hope very much so
>
>>> in the driver...
>> Is there something more broken that status (snr, ber, etc.) reporting?
>> If yes, you can try my devel driver. It should work very well, but does
>> not report those values too.
> which kernel version do i need as base for that? where can i get it?

Requires same kernel version as current v4l-master (newer than 2.6.18
?). Tree is http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015/ and firmware from
http://otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/ .

I will check if it is easy to implement those missing status
informations and try to add...

regards
Antti
--