freecom DVB hangs keyboard and bulk message failed errors

I'm using a revision 3 Freecom DVB stick on Suse 10.2 with mythtv (firmware dvb-usb-wt220u-fc03.fw)
The device registers and recieves TV fine.

However, after an undetermined amount of time the keyboard almost stops working and becomes very sluggish. In /var/log/messages I get repeating errors for
kernel: dvb-usb: bulk message failed: -110 (1/0)
In one night I had 22000 of these.

If I pull out the stick all is immediatly well again with the keyboard. The messages keep coming for a while after, but the device can be plugged in again and works fine.

During the period of the keyboard hangs top shows nothing out of the ordinary, and apps not requiring the keyboard seem to work in the background. I'm assuming it is some sort of interrupt causing problems.

I have now installed on suse 10.3 to see if that was any better and it is the same.

Has anyone any idea why this is happening and how to resolve? What do the errors mean - can they be ignored and if so how do I stop the device logging them to /var/log/messages?

Thanks in advance

--
Over 2 Million Holiday Gift Ideas - Take a Look!
mail.com Shopping